About Me

My photo
Bethel , Maine, United States
My name is Matt Braley. I am from a small town in Maine called Bethel. I absolutely love snowboarding, and have been snowboarding for the past ten years. Eight of those ten years have been competitive. I race in the Unites States of America Snowboard Association (USASA). I mainly compete in racing competitions such as Snowboard Cross, Giant Slalom, and Slalom. I attend Sierra Nevada College which is a private college in Incline Village, Nevada.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Getting ready for summer

Finally getting around to waxing my snowboards for the summer! I am missing a snowboard out of this collection, but this is the majority of them. Every summer I put a thick layer of wax on all of my snowboards. I do this so the base of the snowboard does not get dry over the long hot summer. If the bases get dry then they will not accept any wax for future races.
The two snowboards on the left are my Giant Slalom snowboards. The blue board all the way to the left is made by Donek which is a company in Denver Colorado that specializes in making race boards, but they can also make normal snowboards too. The white board in the middle is my maine Giant Slalom snowboard. This board is custom made by Kessler, which is a company that is based out of Austria. The all black on to the right of the white snowboard is my snowboardcross board; this one is made by Head Snowboards. The one all the way to the right is my every day junk board it is made by Never Summer out of Colorado, I have had this board for five years, and it is just starting to break down. 

This is another shot of the base of my Kessler. This snowboard is 185cm long and 19.5cm at its narrowest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment